Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week #1 - Facials that inspire Bliss on a Budget


I have to admit I am high maintenance and vain. Very vain in fact. I absolutely hate the prospect of getting old - not the age part, the looking old part. Anyone who knows me knows that I live in fear of looking or acting old. I go to great lengths to be age appropriate beautiful. It costs money to be age appropriate beautiful without turning into Joan Rivers or the woman you see on reality TV.

The odd part is when I was growing up - I was a tomboy - I spent every waking moment up a tree or in a ditch or building a fort. I hated wearing shoes. I had the blackest, dirtiest feet on the planet. I remember walking in the house one day and tracking black foot prints over the newly clean floor. My father was so angry - and he took me right upstairs to the bathroom and got out a steal wool (you remember those things - they would clean really dirty pots and pans - baked on items) and scrubbed and scrubbed my feet until he could see the real color of my skin coming through - and then he said "isn't that better?" - I didn't think it was better - I thought it was a waste of time - and within 2 minutes I was back outside sans shoes.

Well as you can imagine there is no room for sunscreen in the life of a tomboy - So although I have been blessed with extremely great skin (my fathers) I still have sun damage, and wrinkles, and age spots. And about 7 years ago I began having facials. Facials are wonderful - they make you feel beautiful and like you "have it going on" they relax you - and during and after - you think to yourself - now why don't I get these once a week?

Facials at a regular salon are about $75-125 dollars and last about 50 minutes. So for the first few years of getting facials I went to very high end salons (Stein Erickson's/Finnish Touch) and had lovely 100.00 facials. But then I made the most wonderful discovery in the world!

Beauty Schools - I know you are saying to yourself - Beauty Schools? - We all have that experience emerging from the beauty school after 4 hours looking like a poodle with that perm our friend/family/neighbor talked us into - or the color that was a bad idea - or the cut that didn't go quite right. But a facial is a whole other proposition. A facial is people massaging your skin, cleaning it, moisturising and masking it, steaming it - and because they are students that want to be a thorough as possible and make you as happy as possible.

So instead of being an 50 minute facial, it will be a 75-90 minute facial - and the products are the best available - and the icing on top of the cake is the cost - Only $35.00

I know it sounds too good to be true - but since I switched to facials at schools I can't go back to a regular salon. The facials are better and longer, and the price is right. So just to get the folks in Salt Lake Started - here is who I would recommend:

The Paul Mitchell School - They are currently having 20% off from now until Nov 5th and the regular price is $35.00 They can be reached at 801.266.4693 or if your can't get in there

The Cameo College of Essential Beauty - They have an adult day spa in the basement that has lovely lighting and does not allow children there regular price is $35.00 and they can be reached at 801.747.5700

Good Luck and Enjoy the Bliss

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I've always been envious of the fact that you were gifted dad's skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am dialing the phone right now... you have sold me! any questions scott has concerning this new practice of mine and it's cost will be referred to you...thanks!

    ReplyDelete